7/02/2012

NEW RESIDENCY / NEW COURSES



________________________________________________________
EECO509  
Psychology of Environmental Education and Communication
Continuing this blog is meant as part of the 509 course given by Dr. Renee Lertzman. I am really excited with the idea of reconnecting with my cohort teammates in real, meat our new profs, and a little worried to be starting 3 new classes at once, since I am still lost for Thesis subject. Daily workload and course assignments themselves seem fairly huge. The courses overviews and reading subjects are quite appealing but I already feel overwhelmed with eventual readings and workload...will not be my first impression of the kind, (and so far, for me I found, fairly true.)

In terms of coming up content, Fisher's Chapter 1 Ecopsychology (27 p), and Renee's Fieldnote (7 p) were very reasonable for pre-res. We also have Shierry Nicholsen’s book «The Love of Nature and the End of the World: The Unspoken Dimensions of Environmental Concern» chapters 1 and 6 to read while on campus.


But remembering daytime we spend in class, Research Strategy course 620 is asking 6-10 text links almost every night before next day class, or even more, as in the 27 texts to be read July 2 for July 3...and we have 3 classes to undergo in 3 weeks time, I sort of wondered if I would get some sleep. When I initially saw the schedule, I was so discouraged, I almost wanted to cancel my flight.

EECO620 
Research Strategies
This course which stresses me a bit  -feeling I am behind in my thesis subject- will be given by our dedicated and generous Rick Kool, founder and head of the MA in Environmental Education and Communication until this year, associate professor for us in this class, this summer. His course aims to «provide a foundation for [your] our thesis work in the MAEEC program». 

Pre-residency was quite busy with 3 texts to read from authors' Kovan, Vaughan and Sosu and a Research method chart to fill. Monday will be the residency course start.

EECO685
Developing Powerful Writing
We also have this class coming up, which i will share a few words on, when we find out more.


_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment