6/16/2012

POST TEN : the end... or the begining

_______________________________________________________ 
THE SILENT BEINGS
For this last post, I decided to spare my eventual class readers from a lot of text, and to visually have a little fun, around the interconnectedness we all deeply believe in. I have always refused going to zoos or taking our kids to them, so I felt conflictual but went to the Sacred Monkey forest, hoping its sacredness, respect and pristine protection values could excuse me disturbing such a valuable peaceful(1) system. It was the illustration of a luxurious ecosystem, spiritually valued, a forest in an urban space owned land, with... an entrance fee. Watching us all, them and ourselves visitors ended up feeling more like I was participating to «chaos» then to «harmonious order». But is order ever harmonious? (2) (double framework or cognitive dissonance)
(1) A very hierarchical system between macaques.
(2) Shefa Seigel’s (n.d.) lecture on Purity and impurity, RRU.


_______________________________________________________

Crumb sculptures in the sacred forest.


A river for macaques' swims and play.


Hey-hey, look mom, she has the same ears I have.


-Mom, can you tell them to stop staring please?


-I am bored.


Hmm, now that Glutonnous Greedy's gone...I'm hungry. Want some?


-I found a soft potato too!


-Oh yes, right there, scratch me more.


-Selamat sore cousin, I'm Kiki.


-It's a bit like the red light here honey, only in green.

She had a disability of one hand and was gently flowing.
_______________________________________________________
US ALL

98.5% genes with the chimps, says science (Libé) (or 96.4% with orang utans said a T-shirt). I felt it directly and more like 99%, in my macaque version that day. I am just a little less hairy, a bit more dressed, a little more bashful and I have a camera. Our actions seen through a tangible lense, disturbing their privacy (which at first glance did not seem to bother them too much, my boyfriend notes.) felt uncomfortable but I also felt love and care was a hope. 
_______________________________________________________

Antropomorphism as always worked on me.
«I love you my little Macaku» she says.

«No, mommy I am scared, there he is again...»

Most of us have also fortunately have a different attitude towards our youngest vulnerable ones.
We have seen many mothers get together and run away to protect their little band, on the arrival of large males in rut.

_______________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment