7/05/2011

RESIDENCY DAY 2


Blue sky! Leaving for forest.

Shadows.

Brad, Sylvie, Jamie and Alida?

Much thinner leaves then the ones we have.

Signs are in the forest as well.

But do...

Barely leaving the woods and we can see urbanity in a simple line.


Arriving at the quai architecture.

Our creative instructor in journal writing.




Such beautiful architectural elements. Bird conservation homes.

End of trip to the quai.
photo: Lyne Lefebvre / Victoria, BC,2011
______________________________________________
I am way behing in my DAY journal...I wil start a new serie's with RESIDENCY. DAY 1 was yesterday, I will come back to it. Class starts in 30 minutes. Took my shower in cold water at 6. Still a little bit of reading not finished. Just needed to get this going and put some pictures.

We are asked a reflection upon ourselves through this journal I am aware. I did choose to write basic stuff, down to earth souvenir of what happened during the day not reflecting much inner wise, but simply factually and daily. Taking pictures, documenting without necessarily feeling the need to express myself here. In class, in group, in an email to my boyfriend or family. I like blog writing even if it isn't such a -Journal- space.

I had my little frustrations this morning, but they never last. I would say I am the positive kind and enjoying the people and the instructors makes me pass over little deceptions quickly. I appreciated the moment Peta was reading to us. I like those kinds of moments. I appreciated going in the woods, but this would be such a long post to write what we already did when asked : When I let my life speak it says:...Well take a guess, but better, try it.

Burl taught us a nice conservation attempt regarding Purple Martin species of birds on the quai were we ended our walking in the woods little journey. The birds themselves, reminded me of my childhood -hirondelles- and the birdhouses, my father who built so many of them. It is with him I learned to whistle like a bird, and that birdhouse needed different holes to attract various species.

Well that is it for today, I wish to read, eat, go outside, go to the library to print in order to read outside instead of my computer. Although printing is a mess, if it brings me in nature today...I say it's ok...Oh my colleagues invite me to see the documentary Gasland, that I wanted to see and still haven't. Let's go.
______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment