6/16/2011

DAY 3


______________________________________________
LINKS TO NATURE AND TO PEOPLE.
This morning, while starting my readings for Prompt one, where the origin of our relation to nature is depicted in various stories (so far), I received an email from someone form our cohort, Don Osllin. He was telling me he was coming for a short stay in Montreal to visit his daughter and offered that we share a coffee. I thought it was so nice. The sense of belonging to a group with whom we will be sharing time and values became very concrete. I was delighted of course, and replied Promptly :-). It also could somehow relate to the course, to a sentence from one of the readings that were proposed to us by our instructor Peta White, for this first reflection exercise, in Richard Atleo' Tsawalk story of the Son of Raven capturing the Day (1) : The whole of life and existence is characterized by relationships that are inherent.

I then went to Don's profile, and remembered who he was when reading his interests regarding edible education and sustainability through cooking. I thought I could offer him a link to a very interesting Montreal researcher Diane Bisson's work, the Edible project.
Diane Bisson studied design, humanities and social sciences and her creation work where sustainability is key, appears to be a dialogue between design and anthropology
as it is expressed through her work and explained in her short bio. I believe it is implicit that design should consider all aspects of humanity and be sustainable, in order to be called -design-.

Today's post will be this short I believe, since I have many readings ahead. Later, I will try to think of a place Don would appreciate.

(1) Atleo, E. Richard (Umeek). Tsawalk: A Nuu-chah-nulth Worldview. Vancouver, BC, CAN: UBC Press, 2004. p 7.



Jeremie taken by her sister Julia last week.
We share the same bad habit of scratching. Her behind the ear, me back of neck.


I am adding a parenthesis to remind me, 2 years from now, that today I youngest daughter, Jeremie, left for a 2 month trip to Asia. I don't worry yet (and I don't have time to!), I will if I don't receive an email now and then...
______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment