7/11/2012

NO CHOICE THEN. AND NOW? AN ART-BASED PROJECT

_______________________________________________________
This isn't a readings post, although I would say it is an Art-based project one. Just a thought from not having spent much time in nature, but enjoyed our little pieces of days outside. I have always been fascinated both by nature's initial forced resignation to suffer mankind's multiple repeated, incessant aggressions, and to always try regaining the rights taken away from her, as soon as a -crack- in man's system would be opened. No choice to first be a victim, but no choice to take back her place. No choice but pain and won't have any choice to destroy her tormentor if need be. She to will seek survival, and I dare say if we don't learn to care and love her, well, I hope she wins, even if it hurts me deeply saying so, I think she deserves it. Meadow's equilibrium. But sometimes, I fear nature won't always be able to overcome the greed of this world. Like us and Sandra Steingraber. When poisoned by our own toxic behaviors. And cancer will have been noticed too late in most cases. I really loved the metaphor the film started on, as to «who was pushing people» down the river... I think it put me right away in a receptive mode to the content that would follow.

I thought I could share a nice exercise I was invited to do one day, (I would suggest it to you as well, I found it great to do). We were asked to list -10 things we had learned so far-  as a pre-reflection master's workshop (I will see if I can find the whole list to share with you) .  I had pondered on that list while in California, camping in Death Valley (no one else there, 47 degrees... brains can cook from thinking!) and traveling to camp in Yosemite (ouf..snow). It was an amazingly intense but fun master's workshop I had the opportunity to take with a stimulating and generous and great American designer  Stefan Sagmeister who initiated the project for himself and  Things I have larned in my life so far that can be found as a book. We all lived in 2 amazing houses, cooked together, and spent nights working side by side in a huge lounge room, and before final project no one slept. They we're all 25 or so...(2 were had been my students that same year), and I was dead at the end of the week.

I remember another sentence I had written was -We can trust people we have never met-.
I figure this applied well traveling and being here on residency the first time. And making new encounters each time. I have found my 2012 first year triad member Lyndsay, and already new my 2013 triad member Tod form having a great time last year on the last day. Have you found yours?

Here was my proposal on the website that compiles many other projects..
Nature has no choice
______________________________________________________




It started raining once I had finished





his book

Some of his sentences______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment