11/21/2011

POBRE ALACRANE


________________________________________________________
It was late, I was dead, well alive dead, and lying down on the floor with my dog Zero. I see this 4-5 inches being ...pass right in my eyes angle. A SCORPION. Panic! of course. Except, I don't kill beings. But this one could kill me. Someone was going to die right there, and I didn't feel ready. I didn't even have time to wonder if the town's little hospital would be able to save me.

Only a guy could do that I thought. Grab a broom, hit it, and think its dead. I asked -him- to kill it -again-, to make sure. Shoe. Shovel. Better twice. That is when you see what humans are capable of.
Of course, internet comforted me that it was him or me. Or my dog. I read:
Deadly 10 to 20 minutes, among the worst killers, Mexican ones.
Those were not Academic sources, just the kind of source my conscience needed.
That was day 3. Now, a month later, with my friend bullying me for being voluntarily responsible for an insect's death, I wonder. Couldn't I have stayed clam and find a fair issue for him, had I known then, that he wouldn't kill me for sure. That's what some people say from burglars isn't it?

After still worrying about seeing his whole family crawl up my bed for revenge, I have asked for the scorpion's forgiveness tons of times since. Now looking back, I now he was just walking away after all. I have tried recovering from my guilt through drowning dragonflies savings and wings repair. It seems it wasn't deadly after all and people here say they haven't seen any in 20 years. The poor guy was just not lucky...

In a world where we are all interconnected, I figured a little bit of my sorrow accompanied the little creature. I owed it to him.
________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment